Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Great time in Greensboro!

I really, really enjoyed our trip up to the NCRBA Convention in Greensboro. So much fun to see fellow breeders. There really aren't that many around here. I took Houston & Raindrop to get some judges' opinions. They both placed about as well as could be expected, but the experience was really fun anyways. It makes me really reflect on the quality of my herd and the outcome of breeding particular bunnies. Qwill & Aeropostale are both beautiful bunnies, but I just don't think their genetics are going go line up for a show-winner. Taking the best of their offspring (that I've seen) to the show was really an eye-opener for me. I still think Houston is a great looking rabbit, but when you compare him to the rest of the field, I realize I have a lot more work to do. Going to the show really refueled my enthusiasm for the hobby. Of course, the beautiful weather today doesn't hurt, either!

No comments:

Post a Comment